A Synopsis of the Beliefs of the Presbyterian Church in America:
1. The Bible is without error. It is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
3. All Mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin. Fallen man is totally unable to save himself.
4. The sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
5. Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, come to believe in Christ as Savior, by the Word of God, are born again, become sons of God. Those who truly believe will persevere to the end by the power of God.
6. Justification is by faith and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
7. The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
8. At death, the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God, and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
9. Baptism is a sign of God’s Covenant of Grace and is properly administered to believing adults and their children.
10. Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
11. The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
The Westminster Confession of Faith:
The doctrinal standards of the Presbyterian Church in America are stated in the Westminster Confession of Faith. The Westminster Confession was written in 1643 in an effort to produce unity in the Reformed faith in England and Scotland. The Confession is recognized for its Scriptural integrity, systematic presentation, and clarity of expression. All officers and ministers in the Presbyterian Church In America subscribe to the doctrines taught in the Westminster Confession.
The Guiding Ministry Values of Evangel Church PCA:
1. A prevailing passion for the glory of God (1 Peter 2:9, 10)
2. Submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ by obedience to His inerrant word. (John 14:21)
3. Dependence upon the enablement of the Holy Spirit (John 16:5-15)
4. A loving burden for the spiritually lost and wayward (Luke 15, Matthew 28:18-20)
5. An ongoing commitment to maturing the Saints (Col. 1:28, 29)
6. Leadership that is Christ-like (1 Peter 5:1-4)
7. Body life marked by love and gift oriented ministry (1 Cor. 12, 13)