Joining Evangel involves 4 steps:
1. Attend the Inquirer’s Class. *
2. Meet with the pastor and elders during the Sunday school hour to share testimony and answer the five questions of church membership.
3. Making a public profession of faith in Christ by answering the five questions of church membership before the congregation on a subsequent week to the meeting with our pastor and elders.
4. The administration of baptism for those who have not received this sacrament.
* Evangel Inquirer's Class:
This class is designed for those interested in learning more about Evangel, its doctrine and purpose, our denomination, the sacraments, church government, the ministries of our church, and how Evangel seeks to fulfill God's purposes in our community.
If you would like to attend one of these classes, please contact Nancy Kitts (664-0889) in our church office to let us know you will be attending. There is a nursery available with reservation- email our nursery mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot for your inquirer's class date!
Questions for Church Membership in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA):